First Reinsurance Brokers Ltd (FIRSTRE) was incorporated early 1993. In November 1993, it was registered by the Commissioner of Insurance as the first REINSURANCE Broking Company in Kenya. Initially it was a joint venture, however, in 1997, it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Insurance Brokers (EA) Ltd.
- To be the Reinsurance Broker of choice.
- To provide our Clients with the most sound, Cost Effective and Beneficial Reinsurance Broking and Consulting Services.
Our Core Values
- Professionalism – Abiding to ethical standards
- Integrity – True to our word
- Passionate – Enthusiastic or Strong drive
- Commitment – Sincere and steadfast
- Teamwork – Working together to achieve a common goal
The Board and the Management of FirstRe are committed to a strong philosophy of integrity and professionalism which runs across the entire sphere of the Company. This is underpinned by the realization that we are in a globally integrated world of insurance and reinsurance security for the development and prosperity of humankind.
However, the foundation for our success is based on the sensitivity we bring to bear to the needs and desires of the customers. Our focus is to ever add value while not compromising on the principles of Reinsurance and Insurance in general.
Staff and Technology Application
While the company started off with one staff member, Jacinta W. Karita, the current Managing Director, it has experienced a steady growth in the diversity of her employees’ competitiveness and skills to its current level of ten (10) highly qualified, motivated and trained core staff.
To compliment our staff development we have placed great emphasis in the application of technology with special focus to tailor made softwares enhancing our effectiveness and enabling them to proactively impact and deal with our clients needs, present and anticipated requirements of their expectations.
Our growth performance reflects confidence by the market and quality of service delivery by FirstRe.
Phenomenal Growth Achieved
- Treaty (both Life and Non- Life) Reinsurance broking
- Portfolio Administration
- Facultative Reinsurance broking
- Co-ordination of Reinsurance Coverage
- Risk Management and Capacity Consultancy
- Claims Management
- Portfolio Management
Types of Reinsurance
- Life Treaties: Quota Share, Surplus and Catastrophe Excess of Loss
- Retrocession covers
- Non-Life ALL types of treaties: Quota Share, Surplus, Working Excess of Loss covers, Catastrophe Excess of Loss Covers, Aggregate Excess of Loss Covers, Stop Loss Covers etc.
- Fronting of Reinsurance covers
- Facultative Obligatory treaties
- Facultative placements
Class of Business Portfolio
- All Motor Businesses
- All General Accident Businesses
- All Liability Businesses
- Medical Business
- Contractors All Risks / Erection All Risks
- Life Business
- Marine Hull and Cargo / Goods in Transit
Geographical Coverage/Market Segmention
- Kenyan Market
- North Africa
- COMESA Region
- Asian Market
- West and Central Africa
- London Market
- Southern Africa Region